Re: ppp connection

Hi YU,

> I have a PPP account and like to use that through NetBSD/Amiga. The PPP
> provider does dynamic IP assigning each time I logon.
> I have put script in /etc/ppp/options:
> /dev/tty00 14400
Note this    ^^^^^
> invalid argument.

NetBSD-Amiga before -1.2 (before -1.1B if I recall exactly) does only
allow the POSIX standard baud rates. (I wrote the patch myself to allow
intermediate values on the internal serial port, which can do them in
hardware).

I propose that you change the computer-modem baudrate to the next higher
one. The modem will buffer (normally ... _really_ old technology modems
don't have 14400 bps at all).

Btw: While NetBSD-1.2 will allow intermediate baud rates, you probably
dont want to use them with with modems. Many modern modems I know of
only sync at the standard values, especially if they have automatic DTE
rate detection. Check your modem handbook.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis
        Ignatios Souvatzis