Subject: Xcl and a hardware cursor
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Kernick <philk@dhn.csiro.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/03/1996 12:32:51
I am still trying to track down a problem I am having with the Xcl X11R6
server.

The cursor appears to be implemented as a hardware sprite, but this sprite
is corrupt - it flickers, and changes when the pointer is moved up and down
the screen.  At no point does it actually look like a pointer!

I am using an 800x600x256 mode that was generated via ListModes from the
default Villiage-38 monitor definition.  I have a PicassoII board with 1M
of video memory.

When I use this mode under AmigaOS, the display is correct, and the pointer
is correct.  Under NetBSD 1.1, the display is fine, but the pointer is
corrupt.

I have looked at most of the options for Xcl, but none of them seem
relevant.

I know that there is a new Xamiga server being produced for NetBSD 1.2, but
that won't be available for some unspecified time.  Can I use the standard
Xamiga server rather than Xcl?

Thanks,
Phil.

--
   _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@dhn.csiro.au
  /     \  IT Manager                        Phone:  (08) 8303 8812