Subject: Re: FVWM Problem
To: Calvin <diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu>
From: Neil Brendan Clark <nbc@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/31/1996 00:02:47
Calvin writes:
>the fvwm95 in the same directory also doesn't
>work because it doesn't have the proper *.so files.

I was the porter of version "c" of the fvwm95 on Regensburg, and have
already heard of someone having problems with a missing libXpm.so.4.6.
However, I have tracked down the problem - it would appear that I obtained
this library from one of the files in the contrib directory of regensburg;

   /pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/X11R6/bin11/apps.tar.gz

I guess I must have assumed that everybody had libXpm.so.4.6 as some sort
of default on their X systems. Still, the apps archive has some nice stuff
in it anyway, so if anyone is having problems with a missing libXpm.so.4.6
they might as well get it.

I also believe that libXpm has moved onto version 4.7 (or later) now; perhaps
there is a port of this available?

>I suspect recompiling the whole thing should get it working.

In theory yes, but in practice it is a bit of a pain to port ;-)

Neil