Subject: PIC option using gcc
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: YU SONG <cs_yus@cs4.lamar.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/29/1996 21:42:37
Hi, everybody.

What I understand is that NetBSD architecture supports dynamic linking
objects. And since NetBSD is built up by gcc, I assume gcc with option of
either -fpic or -fPIC works. However when I build program using -fpic
option, the ld warns me of undefined symbol "_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_". Also
I read gcc info in which it states that gas does not fully support PIC
option and when -fpic option fails, one can use -fPIC on supported
platform. It does not indicate which platform is supported. I want to
know whether m68k is on that list or not.
Besides ld has such error message:"client.o: gotslot at 0x4 multiple valued"
What does it mean? I checked client.c in which there is no such gotslot
symbol or function or variables. Where does this come from?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cs_yus@cs4.lamar.edu