Subject: Re: Time zones
To: Phil Kernick <philk@dhn.csiro.au>
From: Ruben van Staveren <staveren@guyot.ptf.hro.nl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/28/1996 10:09:49

> I've installed NetBSD 1.1 and it works well, but I'm having a problem with
> the TIMEZONE configuration.
>
> Specifically, the Amiga has the clock set to localtime, whereas Unix boxes
> assume that the clock is set to GMT (or UTC if you want to be politically
> correct :-) - which means that my NetBSD setup thinks that it's 9.5 hours
> ahead of localtime.

There's a util on aminet, called Clockdeamon, which ables you
to patch the battery resource on the amiga to translate the UTC
to your localtime. In otherwords, set your clock to UTC and install
Clockdeamon on the AmigaOS side.

You could then use the right link in /usr/share/zoneinfo to /etc/localtime

> There is a TIMEZONE option in the kernel configuration, which doesn't seem
> to do anything - I set it to -570 (which the number of minutes in 9.5
> hours) and then rebuild, but nothing changes.
>
> Is there a specific object file I should trash and then rebuild?

No need for now ?

> Thanks,
> Phil.
>
> --
>    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@dhn.csiro.au
>   /     \  IT Manager                        Phone:  (08) 303 8812
>   \_.-*_/  CSIRO Div. Human Nutrition        Fax:    (08) 303 8896
>        v   PO Box 10041  Gouger Street       Mobile:  041 981 0849
>            Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia   "Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!"

Your welcome :^)
	Ruben