Subject: Time zones
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Kernick <philk@dhn.csiro.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/26/1996 23:28:49
I've installed NetBSD 1.1 and it works well, but I'm having a problem with
the TIMEZONE configuration.

Specifically, the Amiga has the clock set to localtime, whereas Unix boxes
assume that the clock is set to GMT (or UTC if you want to be politically
correct :-) - which means that my NetBSD setup thinks that it's 9.5 hours
ahead of localtime.

There is a TIMEZONE option in the kernel configuration, which doesn't seem
to do anything - I set it to -570 (which the number of minutes in 9.5
hours) and then rebuild, but nothing changes.

Is there a specific object file I should trash and then rebuild?

Thanks,
Phil.

--
   _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: philk@dhn.csiro.au
  /     \  IT Manager                        Phone:  (08) 303 8812