Subject: Re: I need advice on a SCSI card...
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@interpath.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/21/1996 19:25:04
Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> I have four drives: (internal) 730mb Quantum L. (external) 1040mb
> Quantum Fireball 141mb Conner 105mb Syquest.

 There is no such thing as a "Quantum Fireball 1040mb".  There is a 540MB,
640MB, 1080MB and 1280MB Fireball.  Just to clear up things - you sure
about the drive?

> The system works fine except for the fireball. The drive was working
> fine in my PC, so I am pretty sure the problem is termination related.

 Yeah, Ibet so, too.  How about the SyQuest?  That one the last in the line
and correctly setup?  I would prefer to terminate the Quantum drive and
having it to be the last one in the line.

[...]
> Can somebody recommend a SCSI card that NetBSD supports, that has the
> 50-pin connector (of some sort) on the back of the card?

 No such thing.  And hell, I am using this connector for 6 years now -
never ever had problems.

--
Markus Illenseer