Subject: Re: NetBSD/X11 Problem
To: None <lennartz@mse.mee.com>
From: Michael Teske <teske@mail.desy.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/14/1996 12:08:42
On Tue, 14 May 1996 lennartz@mse.mee.com wrote:

> After the "startx" execution I got no output and no error message
> (only blinking cursor), but I think, X is running.
>=20
> My Hardware:
>  - Amiga 4000/40 33Mhz
>  - Picasso II (with CyberGFX driver)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>  - Xcl is called with standard options (-mono ...)
=09=09=09=09=09^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't use -mono on the Xserver, this will open the display on the Amiga=20
Custom chips. Since the console is probably on the Picasso and the CC=20
driver doesn't know this, the screen is not switched. To prove this, plug=
=20
your Monitor on the amiga port.

To get it working correctly configure the videomodes with grfconfig
and use the -mode n switch.

--
Michael Teske (teske@wotan.desy.de)