Subject: Re: Memory problems
To: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@interpath.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/13/1996 00:10:11
At 03:25 AM 5/13/96 +0300, Kortelainen Mika wrote:
>Although this doesn't belong to NetBSD that much anymore, here I am
>once again... I got MemCheck12.lha from Aminet and it reports errors
>from various addresses (on motherboard memory), but sometimes it
>does _not_ report errors at all.
>
>Any good guesses which might be the cause?  Now that it doesn't report
>errors every time and on same place, it cannot be a totally blown chip
>(or perhaps memory chips work in a strange way).  Could it be just
>overheating, Warp Engine (esp. 040) runs quite hot?

I thought I heard that the Warp Engine doesn't like onboard A3000 zips?

I think I remember hearing something like that, then I decided to not
get a WE for my A3000 (12mb of zips, don't feel like taking a loss).

--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. \    kpneal@interpath.com
XCOMM    The Mirrorball Wizard of Smerp     \   kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu