Subject: Re: Fastlane/A4000 Problems
To: Ola Olsson <oeolsson@tmisnet.com>
From: Matthias Bethke <Matthias.Bethke@sowi.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/11/1996 19:24:35
On Sat, 11 May 1996, Ola Olsson wrote:

> Well I give up! I've tried every combination of termination/hard-drive option
> with this FastLane on my A4000 (Rev.11 Buster) and nothing gives a stable
> NetBSD environment. I even tried setting up NetBSD on an internal IDE drive
> with worse results. I get nothing but 'bus error' after 'bus error'. I never
> had this problem with the GVP on my A2000/'030. Is there anyone out there that
> is successfully using a FastLane controller on an A4000? Please tell me your
> secret!

As I started with NetBSD V1.0, my BSD partitions are still on a 540MB IDE
drive which works perfectly. Out of curiosity I once mounted my AmigaDOS
VMEM-partition on the Fastlane SCSI-drive as an extra NetBSD partition,
and it worked without any special magic. I simply used the generic 1.1
kernel with FL support and changed the partition label with HDToolBox
first. Maybe it's a buster problem on your machine? I have a Rev.11
Buster and a 3.0 CPU-Board with that 74FCT244 fix that's required for the
Fastlane.

ttyl!
	Matthias

Matthias Bethke   | Phone   : +49-6406-76572
Giessener Str. 31 | Fax/Data: +49-6406-76571
35457 Lollar      | Usenet  : postmaster@sweetdreams.lahn.de
Germany           | WWW     : http://wwwstud.uni-giessen.de/~s1089