Subject: Re: Problems with tape
To: NetBSD Amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/1996 20:27:43
    Hi David,

you wrote in <m0uHUO7-0005zwC@dragon.achilles.net>:
> I just got a Caliper 150MB tape drive.  The kernel sees it, but the boot
> messages say "drive empty" even if a tape is inserted, ...

That is nothing to worry about. I can't remember that NetBSD ever recognized
a tape in any tape drive (QIC-150, DAT, Exabyte) at boot time.

> and I get ENXIO when I try to access it.

No kernel messages? In this case you managed to get -current sources in the
three days where SCSI tape support was completely broken. :-)

> Not to mention that I have to upgrade GCC to compile nfs_vnops.c

There are many things in NetBSD-current which require 2.7.2. The first thing
one should to do update from 1.1 to -current is to compile and install the
compiler.

> Does anyone else have this problem with their tape drive?

I had something like this about two month ago.

> Is it fixed?

Yes, it got fixed three days later.

--
Matthias Scheler