Subject: Re: transfering between NetBSD and AmigaOS
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/1996 09:45:13
On May  9, 12:14pm, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:
> > PS, if you want another good project, how about writing a newfs_msdos?
> > You must already have formatting support in MSH, so all you'd need is to
> > reorganize it and add optional W95 support to it too. newfs_ados would
>
> Well, I haven't had a working NetBSD/Amiga system since before 1.0.
> If somebody would swap my A4000/040 with one in which my Z3 Fastlane
> actually *works*, I would be most grateful, and I could work on such
> projects...

  I've been using the Fastlane on my A4000/040 with current kernels.  It
seems to work quite well if I disable reselect.  Someday I may get
ambitious and try to figure out the driver and see if I can determine
what it's doing.

> > also be nice (and if you're really ambitious, fsck_msdos and fsck_ados :->)
>
> For fsck_ados I would recommend an AmigaOS emulator + DiskSalv :)

  I've written an fsck_ados-like program.  It only verifies the integrity
of the filesystem and reports things it finds wrong.  [After an early
experience with DiskDoctor, I do my disk repairs manually with a sector
editor :-).]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu