Subject: Re: transfering between NetBSD and AmigaOS
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/1996 08:37:12

> > PS, if you want another good project, how about writing a newfs_msdos?
> > You must already have formatting support in MSH, so all you'd need is to
> > reorganize it and add optional W95 support to it too. newfs_ados would
>
> Well, I haven't had a working NetBSD/Amiga system since before 1.0.
> If somebody would swap my A4000/040 with one in which my Z3 Fastlane
> actually *works*, I would be most grateful, and I could work on such
> projects...

Actually, since the driver will write whole tracks without checking the
previous contents of the disk, its possible to format msdos floppies
already.  You simply dd to the disk with the proper block size and use the
mformat utility from the mtools package. :-)  (rather round about, I know,
but it does work :-))

One thing that annoys me is that I can't seem to access raw msdos
partitions because of the fdisk info in front of the actual partition.
Anyone know of a way to skip that stuff?  It would .really. be helpful for
a certain ZIP disk I have...

Ezra