Subject: Problems with tape
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@achilles.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/1996 08:00:07
I just got a Caliper 150MB tape drive.  The kernel sees it, but the boot
messages say "drive empty" even if a tape is inserted, and I get ENXIO
when I try to access it.  OK, time to sup again (after a few months) to
see if more recent sources fix the problem.

if_ed.c breaks, possibly due to new interface changes
pmap.c dies with a warning about doing (p > 0) for p a pointer

Not to mention that I have to upgrade GCC to compile nfs_vnops.c

Does anyone else have this problem with their tape drive?  Is it fixed?
Should I try to get current now, or wait until the rest of my network
is put together (at which point I can resume full SUPs since I have the
full source tree mounted on another machine).