Subject: Multiple memory blocks
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kortelainen Mika <k125374@cs.tut.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/1996 13:22:44
Hey,

has anyone got problems with multiple memory blocks on Amiga (e.g.
turbo's and motherboard's memory)?  In particular, Warp Engine and
A3000 (both have 16MB).

I have recently seen my system to crash randomly, leading usually to
kernel panics.  But yesterday I booted NetBSD to use just one memory
block (Warp Engine's) and I was able to build the system from scratch
(actually I got tired and interrupted it before it did kernel).
I mainly did this because I have thought I might have some bad file or
library somewhere (but now that it works with one memory block I think
that's not likely the reason).

I'll test it again with two memory blocks, but meanwhile I'd like to
hear if that's supposed to work reliably or not... of course, it
may be so that some chip (or chip's connection) on motherboard is bad,
and NetBSD dies because of that (and ADOS probably won't notice anything
special because it doesn't protect memory with MMU).  Actually, I think
I could test it allocating 16MB's of RAM during boot so that ADOS
starts to use motherboards memory.

Or could I tell NetBSD to use motherboard memory instead of Warp's?

	Mika Kortelainen