Subject: Re: current status of mounting msdos disks?
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/08/1996 20:43:08
On May  9,  1:51am, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > I tryed it with `mount -t msdos -o ro /dev/fd0a` without success.
>                                                 ^
> Try fd0b, as that one's supposed to do MS-DOS-720k-disklayout, fd0a is 880k by
> what I understand. Besides that, i don't know if msdosfs is ready for
> big-endian...

  If you have a HD drive, fd0b will also do MS-DOS-1440k and fd0b will
also do 1760k.

  The msdosfs works quite nicely - I've mounted a hard disk partition
which I created on a Windows 95 system with no trouble.  I also took
a floppy which had files created on NetBSD-Amiga and was able to access
it on a Windows 95 system, and created a file on the Windows 95 system
which I was able to read back on NetBSD-Amiga.  The only problem I
had was that the NetBSD files were standard Unix ascii files with
newlines, and MSDOS/Windows doesn't deal with those very well.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant