Subject: Re: still can't get NetBSD-Amiga up
To: Amiga NetBSD <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Harrell <mharrell@sojourn1.sojourn.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/07/1996 00:18:03
	I just tried to install NetBSD/Amiga v1.0, and I got farther.
Now, it makes it past the hardware checks.  It prompts me fot the root
device, and I respond "fd0".  It then continues fine, but when it tries to
find a root rdb on my hard disks, it fails to find one.  I know that I set
all of the partition parameters as detailed in the installation
instructions.  I used a DOStype of 0x4e425207 for root, 0x4e425301 for
swap, and 0x4e425507 for others.  My hard disk is divided up thusly:  the
first partition (qdh0) is an AmigaOS partition; the second (qdh2) is my
swap; the third (qdh3) is root; the fourth (qdh4) is /home; the fifth
(qdh1) is /usr.  Is there something wrong with this settup?  Do I need to
have root in a special place (e.g., the first partition)?  Thanks.

				Amiga 1200 running AmigaOS3.0
Matt Harrell			CSA 12 Gauge 030/882RC@50MHz/SCSI
Lansing, MI, U.S.A.		2MB chip/18MB fast RAM
mharrell@sojourn.com		240MB IDE hard disk, 4X CD-ROM
				1.28GB SCSI disk, SyquestEZ135S