Subject: Re: First Time Install
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon McGill <simon@smcgill.powernet.co.uk (Simon McGill)>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/02/1996 14:04:06
> > But when I'm asked for the root> and I type SD1 it scrolls this

> The root partition is garbage at this point.  You  did not follow the
> install instructions correctly:  you should have entered "SD1*" for
> the root device.  The "*" indicates to the kernel to use the swap
> partition as the root.
>
> Michael

Thankyou, all these late nights make you miss important little things
like that. Only thing is now I've overcome this obstical I've hit
another wall :(

I get to the # prompt where I am ready to do the installation and it
won't let me access the files on my Amiga's HD.

I am procceeding as follows;

#mkdir /mnt/ados
#mount_ados -o ro /dev/sd2h /mnt/ados
adosfs: aget: cksum of blk 28137 failed
mount_ados: mount: invalid argument
#

Is this just another typo on my behalf ? Or is it more drastic ? :(

Simon.

|  Simon McGill - simon@smcgill.powernet.co.uk - +44 (0) 1908 365724  |
|           http://www.powernet.co.uk/user-bin/run?smcgill            |
| A4000/040 40Mhz 18Mb 2.1Gb CDROM 24Bit - One Machine, All Solutions |
             Many Electrons Died To Bring You This Post.