Subject: First Time Install
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon McGill <simon@smcgill.powernet.co.uk (Simon McGill)>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/01/1996 19:56:35
I've managed to get the "inst-11.fs" onto my swap drive and
get the install message etc to come up by mounting BH3: which
is my swap drive and typing;

loadbsd -b -A bh3:netbsd

But when I'm asked for the root> and I type SD1 it scrolls this
message;

2 mice confiured
10 views configured
panic: cannot mount root
syncing disks... done
cannot set battery backed clock

dumping to dev 411, offset 39936
dump 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 succeeded

and then a couple of seconds later the machine just resets :(

I have a 500Mb HD which is used solely for NetBSD, the install
screen calls it SD1. The drive is partitioned thus;

Partition - Size   - Dostype

root      - 25Mb   - 0x4e425207
usr       - 125Mb  - 0x4e425507
local     - 320Mb  - 0x4e425507
swap      - 30Mb   - 0x4e425301

Can anyone tell me why this is happening ?

Simon.

|  Simon McGill - simon@smcgill.powernet.co.uk - +44 (0) 1908 365724  |
|           http://www.powernet.co.uk/user-bin/run?smcgill            |
| A4000/040 40Mhz 18Mb 2.1Gb CDROM 24Bit - One Machine, All Solutions |
             Many Electrons Died To Bring You This Post.