Subject: Re: Baud Rate changes?
To: None <david@mono.org, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/07/1996 09:51:07
Hi David,

> > >       Try dropping your serial speed down from 38400 to 9600 and =
see if
> > >       that affects packet loss under X...

> > Ok, one question, what baud rate should I expect to be
> > able to use with a A3000 with an 040 at 25 Mhz using a Cybervision =
graphics card
> > for display??? Maybe the CyberVision Console Kernel was not set up =
to run faster
> > baud rates on the serial line??? Oh, and one other question. How wo=
uld I check
> > how that kernel is compiled and how would I recompile it myself?

>       The problem is interrupt latency - if the machine cant get to
>       service the incoming data fast enough some gets lost. I think
>       there are workarounds with deferring the level 6 interrupt (or
>       similar), which you should be able to enable in your config fil=
>       then build a new kernel.
>       Then again someone on the list with an amiga may have a kernel
>       of which they can give you a copy :)

Thanks for the information David. Does anyone on this list use the Cybe=
rVision
64 Kernel and a 28.8 modem at a baud rate of 57600? Or know of a way to=
=20get the
source to the cybervision 64 console kernel so I can try recompiling it=
=20to allow
me to run at a baud rate that can keep up with my modem?

Nick :)

+------------------------+---------------------------------------------=
-------+
|                        | Degree Absolute:                            =
=20      |
|      Nick Ellson       |            A.  Find Missing Link            =
=20      |
|                        |            B.  Put It Together              =
=20      |
|   grimm@teleport.com   |            C.  Bang!                        =
=20      |
|                        |                - Number Two in "Once Upon a =
Time"  |
-------+
|   PGP Key Available    |  Home Page        http://www.teleport.com/~g=
rimm/  |