Subject: Re: X11 Almost running!
To: None <grimm@teleport.com, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruben van Staveren <staveren@guyot.ptf.hro.nl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/30/1996 01:30:11
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 19:13:06 -0800 (PST),
Nick Ellson <grimm@teleport.com> wrote about X11 Almost running!:

> Hi all,

Hi!

[Problem deleted]

> and it said
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory
>
> ???? What did I do wrong, or not set up? I know I must be close. Help?
Seems you need to substitute the line /etc/rc.local which says:

ldconfig

with

ldconfig /usr/local/X11R6/lib

or if you have those *.so files in /usr/local/lib also:

ldconfig /usr/local/lib /usr/local/X11R6/lib

> Thanks again
X is so dynamicly linked, like the .library files in LIBS: but if you
put that library in DH2:special/libs, you can only load it with
assign LIBS: DH2:special/libs ADD.
However we do not have such assigns under unix, and therefor ldconfig is
used

> Nick :)
>
> And for all those that helped me with my pppd set-up, thanks a bunch! I
> got it working automatically now with chat :)
>
> Nick, budding NetBSD administrator ;)

    Ruben, Mudding through NetBSD...