Subject: X11 Almost running!
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nick Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/28/1996 19:13:06
Hi all,

I have X11R6 almost there. After installing the CORRECT kernal for
Cybervision and running grfconfig on my monitor file it now shows all 6
modes! Now I try for giggle typing in

# Xcv64 -dev /dev/grf5 -mode 2 <- I tried all modes, they all work!

and I get a screen in a few seconds of the resolution I choose, even
1280x1024. But no programs (I haven't a clue). I figure it is because I
am starting X11 wrong (like starting WorkBench with no Icons/wbstartup)
so I try adding /usr/local/X11R6/bin to my path and type

# startx

(Oh, and I copied the above starting line into a .xserverrc
in my home directory)

and it said

/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory

???? What did I do wrong, or not set up? I know I must be close. Help?

Thanks again

Nick :)

And for all those that helped me with my pppd set-up, thanks a bunch! I
got it working automatically now with chat :)

Nick, budding NetBSD administrator ;)

|                        | Burke's Law of inanimate reproduction:             |
|      Nick Ellson       |                                                    |
|                        | "If you take something apart enough times,         |
|   grimm@teleport.com   |  eventually you will have two of them."            |
                         |  Home Page        http://www.teleport.com/~grimm/  |