Subject: Re: Merlin Driver (was: Re: None)
To: None <tabt@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de>
From: Michael Teske <teske@mail.desy.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/21/1996 01:11:03
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996 tabt@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de wrote:

> > To my knowledge, nobody. Please do it.
>
> Wait a minute! :-)
>
> > Note, that a kernel driver will be sufficient for the start, and not
>
> The kernel driver for the Merlin should be ready. I'm just waiting
> to get a Merlin to test it...
>
> > _that_ difficult... the Merlin is memory mapped, isn't it? So the normal
> > Xamiga24 would work.
>
> Hmm, then I did something wrong. I did not get a correct display with
> Xamiga24 yet, but I'll test again.

Hmm. How did you test it without a Merlin?!?
Xamiga24 should work, if you have a linear (non-segmented) framebuffer.
Maybe some register is not properly set, I had similar problems in the
beginning of the CV64 driver (eight mousepointers and so on:-)

Good luck,

--
Michael Teske (teske@wotan.desy.de)