Subject: I'm stuck
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: G. Baldwin <drizzit@eskimo.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/17/1996 23:00:27
I have come accorss a few problems that I can't seem to solve and I was
wondering if anyone could be of help.

*Problem One: SCSI lockups.

My Proto WD chip in my A3000/030-16 is giving me problems with my Quantum
730S SCSI-2 drive and my DEC DSP 1GB SCSI-2 drive.  I have tried sending
LoadBSD the "-I ff" option, but it does not seem to help.  I have been
forced to use my old (and slow) Trumpcard2000 to use NetBSD.

I am using the NetBSD 1.1 distribution, so the 'sbic_inhibit_sync=1' is
already in my sbic.c file.

*Problem Two: MultiFace-III Fifo overflows.

If I lock my MFC3 serial port to 112,500 baud, I get large numbers of
overflows.  The problem is almost gone at 57,600, and totally gone when
the port is locked at 19,200.  It makes little difference if I have a
2400 connect or a 28,800 connect, only with the serial port speed.

I am still using the Generic Kernal (see problem 3), so could it be that
there is a 'LEV6_DEFER' option placed somewhere?  I heard that this interrupt
causes a lot of conflicts with the MFC3.

*Problem Three: Kernal Problems

I went and took the GENERIC Kernal configuration and removed the extra
cards that I did not have (SCSI, Network, Video, ect..) so that my Kernal
would be smaller.

The Kernal compiled fine.  No warnings, no errors.

It actually boots up fine, and shows my drives, and then gets to the
point where it says '2 mice configured' and then just stops where it
should start the Automatic bootup.  Then it just sits there and does nothing.

*Problem Four: Pico

This seems to be a problem just with NetBSD.  Whenever Pico is done, the
prompt for that user/window is botched.  It ends up looking like this:

Prompt>
       Prompt>
              Prompt>
ect...

It occurs with both my own binary that I compiled from source, and from
the binary that I picked up in the Contrib section at ftp.netbsd.org.

I use a VT220 terminal.  I have tried VT100, and it does the same thing.
It even does it using the GNU Screen program.

*Problem Five: Dataflyer SCSI + Memory Card

I'd like to be able to use the memory off my Dataflyer SCSI card.  The
card is in neither the supported devices in the 'INSTALL' file, nor in
the list of "you are outta luck" devices in the NetBSD faq (sec 3.6), but
is there a way to just configure the memory?

LoadBSD sees the RAM, but as soon as NetBSD comes on, it freezes.  Any
suggestions?  (Again, this is with the Generic Kernal on the A3000/030-16)

--
                       Greg Baldwin (drizzit@eskimo.com)
     Amiga junkie and user since 1987    Computer Science & DTV Student