Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD1.1: X11R6, diskquotas
To: None <staveren@guyot.ptf.hro.nl>
From: Tomas Abrahamsson <tab@lysator.liu.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/06/1996 11:03:42
> When I run Xdaniver, or X ( which is a softlink to Xdaniver ) the mouse
> pointer moves just fine, but when run from startx (xinit) it just hangs
> just like the keyboard.

I have experienced the same problems. I run Xdaniver on an
A3000. Using NetBSD 1.0 everything worked fine, but not under 1.1.
This is what happens for me:

  o starting X with "xinit" blocks the mouse and keyboard.

  o starting X with "startx" works fine, but arguments that should be
    passed to the X server (such as screen width, height and depth)
    do not seem make their way to the X server (i.e. the X server
    starts as if no arguments were entered.

  o creating a file called ".xserverrc" im ny home directory with the
    contents "X <server arguments>" and starting X with "xinit" works
    all right (nothing blocks, the arguments make their way to the X
    server)

I have upgraded all in /usr/local/X11R6/lib and /usr/local/X11R6/lib
as well as the X server (Xdaniver) to the 1.1 distribution.

Tomas Abrahamsson		Lysator Academic Computer Association
tab@lysator.liu.se		Linkoping University, Sweden