talk bug?

I seem to have a problem with the talkd... for some reason, it always
says that root is trying to talk, instead of the user initiating the talk
request.  Also the reply mechanism to actually make the connection doesn't
work. I checked the permissions, and neither talk and nor ntalkd are
setuid programs, so I don't know what is causing this.  Does anyone have
a fix?

Bo Najdrovsky       // AmigaOS 3.1/Mac Sys7.1/BSD 4.4 - Courtesy of my A3000
bn%gnu.ai.mit.edu@localhost \X/  => join the EGS list:
listproc%okcforum.osrhe.edu@localhost <=
bn%okcforum.osrhe.edu@localhost  "Who are you, who's so wise in the ways of
science?"