/sbin/poweroff not working (NetBSD-current)

Previously (2021/05/20,NetBSD-9.1; 2021/09/13,NetBSD-9.2_STABLE) I
reported that /sbin/shutdown was not working on an HP Pavilion
Notebook 15-au123cl.  Neither the -r switch (`reboot`) nor -p switch
(`poweroff`) worked.

I replaced /netbsd with a current kernel (29APR22, 9.99.96).  There
was _definite_ improvement in that the boot time was greatly reduced
and there were no long pauses.  Moreover, `halt` and `reboot` work
perfectly.  MANY THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS!

Unfortunately, however, `poweroff` still doesn't work; the system
freezes after issuing the following messages:
acpi0: entering state S5
acpitz0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
coretemp0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
coretemp1: workqueue busy: updates stopped

Attached, please find the dmesg.  Could the problem be that the order
of shutting off processes is not right?  Should I try replacing the
poweroff command with current?  (If so, please provide or point me to
guidance on how to do that. TIA)

Thanks much,

Henry