Re: u3g for XEN3_DOM0 ?

On Mon, 6 Sept 2021 at 15:35, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> NetBSD/amd64 XEN3_DOM0 kernel does not include dev/usb/usbdevices.config
> as GENERIC does. Is there a reason for that? Any opposition to align
> XEN3_DOM0 USB support to GENERIC?

I seem to recall some discussion about it being harder to guarantee
physically contiguous chunks of kernel memory needed by the USB device
drivers under XEN than not, so it would more likely to trigger
attachment issues. Not sure if anything has changed, and IIRC it was a
"would be more likely to fail attach" rather than never work.

(That doesn't mean we shouldn't add the devices to XEN3_DOM0, just
possible context)

David