NetBSD 9.1, /sbin/shutdown not working

I installed 9.1 on a HP Pavilion Notebook 15-au123cl.

If I reboot the machine, either `/sbin/shutdown -r` or `/sbin/reboot`,
the boot process stops at:
"uhid2 at uhidev9 report id 7: input=0, output=0 feature=256".
I've let the machine sit for more than an hour, but it remains stopped
at that point.

If I try to power down the machine with `/sbin/shutdown -p`, the
machine starts to shut down, but I get the following:
acpitz0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
core1temp0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
core2temp: workqueue busy: updates stopped
acpibat0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
The system hangs on that last line, and the computer never shuts down.

Is this a known issue, and is there some kind of fix?

Thanks much,

Henry