compat_bsdos

I have suddenly discovered the absence of compat_bsdos, having just
completed the replacement of all our old x86 machines with amd64s.  Is
it irretrievably lost?  I have a mass of software compiled originally
for BSD/OS, and quail at the magnitude of the task of recompilation,
particularly since much of it has Fortran source, and f2c-f77 has got
fussier about common Fortran practices of old.  The thought of fixing
the kinds of issues that may arise (I've tried one program, and it
hasn't been fun - it's still not working) does not fill me with
anticipatory pleasure.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>