Re: Dual boot GPT?

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 13:12, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:51:23PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Would you know if there is some magic needed to mark a NetBSD gpt
> > wedge as bootable to help it show up in such a menu? :)
>
> I did nothing and the EFI partition just shows up as "UEFI OS" (since
> we do not set env vars to give it a better name).
>
> From there it is our bootloaders choice to pick a root partition.
>
> Martin

My experience is similar; my HP Envy 17 laptop boots W20, OpenSUSE,
RedHat 7.6 and NetBSD-current from two internal GPT-formatte disks;
the interesting bit is that the installations of the last three on the
second disk rendered three separate FAT32 partitions for the efi
boots. I also have rEFInd installed; earlier BIOS version allowed me
to point in the BIOS to a particular .efi file as a default boot,
which was rEFInd; then this one presents a graphics menu for all the
rest, including the temporarily attached external disks; later BIOS
update took away this option, so I have to stop the boot with F9 and
manually navigate to the rEFInd boot - or the the individual OS .efi
files.

Chavdar

--
----