8.0 installboot -o timeout doesn't work?

I'm trying to set up a turnkey system based on 8.0, and I'm having
trouble getting the bootstrap to not do its ten-second countdown.  I've
specified -o timeout=0 to installboot, and even tried timeout=1 in case
perhaps 0 was special now, but it still gives me ten seconds.

Here are the timeout=0 commands I'm using.  (I'm building things in
vnds and then copying them to a thumbdrive and thence to the target
system's SSD.  There are two commands because there are two parts - the
installer and the installed system.)

installboot -v -o timeout=0 /dev/r$ROOTdk /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1
installboot -o timeout=0 -v /dev/rvnd$n\a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1

So, my question for today is, how can I get rid of that delay?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign