Re: Linux on NVMM

Le 19/11/2019 à 12:02, Jared McNeill a écrit :
On Nov 17, 2019, at 2:50 PM, Yorick Hardy <yorickhardy%gmail.com@localhost <mailto:yorickhardy%gmail.com@localhost>> wrote:

I am able to run the Edge browser Win10 test image (although I don't keep it
up to date) on my old AMD. Attached is a screenshot.

I just tried Windows Server 2019 and am now in the process of installing it. What a pleasant surprise :)

Thinking about it now, I can see why it works. Basically, even though there is
no VMEXIT on the CR8 reload itself, the guest quickly does something that
requires an unrelated VMEXIT, and the CR8 update gets processed there.

That's not precise but in practice it works.

Still, though, I'll make a patch to have it done correctly on ~recent AMDs.