Re: 64 bits EFI boot and multiboot protocol

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I would like to add multiboot support to bootx64.efi. I had a look to
> the multiboot protocol specification [1], and it seems to only deal
> with 32 bit environment. The version 2.0 of the protocol [2] has the same
> approach.

I came to this conclusion reading the overview, and especially 1.3 "The
target operating systems" which only refers about 32 bit OS. But
multiboot 2.0 actually covers amd64 EFI boot, in 3.5 "EFI amd64 machine
state with boot services enabled"

Hence the first step is to add multiboot 2.0 support to the bootloader.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz