Re: Windows 10 IA32 on qemu/HAXM

Just FYI - I managed to install Windows 10/1903 x86 using qemu-nvmm
(latest fro wip) on 9.99.2 from today. It did not work with '-smp 2',
though - the installation succeded, but on reboot I got 'failure
starting VCPU' or similar and a 2.1 GB core dump. With a single CPU it
works, a bit slowly, but usable.

The weirdest thing is that the physical laptop NetBSD is running on
used to have Windows 10 Professional installed some three years ago.
As one knows well nowadays, these licences are kept somewhere in
Microsoft's databases, if one reinstalls the system from scratch, as
long as the motherboard hasn't changed or some other significant
changes observed, Windows is activated again. Well, this VM actvated
automatically for me....

NVMM does appear to me to be rather good.