Re: options KUBSAN on UEFI machine

Le 27/07/2019 à 14:14, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
On 25.07.2019 06:39, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:
  Hi.

  I have two UEFI based machines. I noticed both of them didn't boot
with KUBSAN. After loading kernel, the video console is cleared,
the cursol went upper left and then hang. I couldn't see the
NetBSD's copyright message.

  Is this known problem?

I have got a local problem that I'm not successfully booting my amd64
desktop with enabled i915 DRM KMS Framebuffer driver.

This could be that the KMS driver itself is generating a KUBSAN message.
So printf() gets called, it lands back in the KMS driver to print the
actual thing, which triggers again a KUBSAN message, so printf() gets
called again, and so on. It likely dies in a deadlock on whatever mutex
we take along the way.

In Masanobu's case, it is probably that the UEFI boot path triggers a
KUBSAN message, printf() gets called, but the console hasn't yet been
initialized, so it faults and dies there.

There is also a similar problem with Kernel UBSan + Kernel ASan.
Something breaks during early boot and needs investigation.

You should not use two kernel sanitizers at the same time.