Re: a (different) library question

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 at 14:51, Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> The rpath suggestion seems the most likely way forward.   Is there a
> way of getting the library search list/order from a running program,
> or from the executable file?   Tcl certainly does allow arbitrary
> dynamic libraries to be loaded at run time (it is even possible for
> Tcl code to write new code itself dynamically involving the loading of
> an arbitrary library, though nothing so complex is going on here).
> I'm asking the same question of the Tcl community.   My instinct is
> that there is some missing or misplaced file or directory in the
> layout of the machine in question.

Not for a process, but objdump -p or readelf -d show relevant
information for dynamic executables.

According to ld.elf_so(1),

> Dynamic loading via dlopen(3) uses the DT_RPATH entries of the main
> binary, independently of which object the call came from.

In your case, this might refer to the Tcl interpreter or the host
application in case of an embedded interpreter. If those are also
identical, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas..

Joachim