Re: how do I disable IPv6?

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:44:56AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> > # Disable DAD
> > net.inet6.ip6.dad_count=0
>
> Isn't the detection of a duplicate link local address a bug? I'm
> trying to think of a reason why it would ever do that normally.

Right -  but on wifi interfaces it usually doesn't work. There was a
discussion (quite some time ago) about controlling this per interface
and also make all wifi interface automatically turn it off.

The "can not bind to addresses in duplicated state" is a new thing in -8
(and current), which is why the config always used to work.

I do this on my notebook as well, and still am typing this mail over
an IPv6 connection.

Martin