Re: oemname still "NetBSD60" in sys/arch/i386/stand/bootxx/pbr.S

On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 03:34:08PM +0200, Rares Aioanei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Newb question : is there a reason why oemname is still "NetBSD60" in
> the PBR asm code? Also, what is the purpose of it? I googled, but found
> no clue. Searching through the i386 code of 7-RELEASE I found no other
> refs.  Thanks very much.
> --
> Rares Aioanei

The oemname is basically irrelevant.  No good reason to change it unless
perhaps there are significant changes to the bootloader protocol. And as
there are only 8 characters to work with, and NetBSD 10.0 is probably
going to happen within a decade...

	Jonathan Kollasch