Re: scheduler : Timers selection && performance

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 08:41:35AM +0200, deco33000%yandex.com@localhost wrote:
> I see that a lot of timers have been implemented.
> For instance, I am interested in the HPET timer because i want to test
> its performance to retrieve time against lapic timer.

lapic will be several times faster. Not sure if the mail archives will
show the numbers, but last time I benchmarked it, HPET was at least 5
times slower than LAPIC or TSC. Keep in mind that it is not CPU internal
traffic, but it needs to access the chipset.

Joerg