Re: Intel sysenter syscalls : implemented ?

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:52:20AM +0200, deco33000%yandex.com@localhost wrote:
> Are the intel sysenter/sysexit implemented in netbsd ? It doesn't seems so.
> My searches inside the tree could not point to something consistent.

No. While it offers a small performance improvement, it doesn't support
proper selectors for %cs and %ds, which makes it much less useful. While
a good part of the reasons for using non-4GB selectors for %cs disappear
on newer systems (PAE with NX bit), that comes with its own penalty.

Joerg