Re: NMI not working as expected on Dell 2850

Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> writes:

> Don't know, but look at the code that masks and unmasks interrupts...

Or traps, as the case may be.  :)  I've been reading the code, but I
can't tell whether any part of it looks reasonable.  It seems to go
through /sys/arch/amd64/amd64/amd64_trap.S, then .../trap.c, and then
.../db_interface.c, and there seems to be code there to stop other CPUs,
but I can't tell whether it's sufficient, or even right.

As for re-enabling the functionality on "continue" from the debugger, I
wouldn't think that should be needed -- it's a trap, not an interrupt.
Maybe something in db_interface.c fails on subsequent invocations?

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"