Re: netbsd-7 DRMKMS on Thinkpad T420s

On 1 January 2015 at 13:31, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Most excellent! a local build of netbsd-7 from last night fires up X
> without issue, and an /etc/X11/xorg.conf with [[Option "NoAccel"
> "true"]] seems to be running Firefox without any issues (so far! :)
>
> For a random non scientific benchmark 'time cat /usr/share/dict/words'
> in an 80x24 xterm took the following:
>
> netbsd-7  25 sec
> netbsd-7+NoAccel 47 sec
> netbsd-6+gsutre/netbsd-drmgem 11 sec

I'm delighted to update that I no longer appear to be able to crash a
stock netbsd-7 DRMKMS kernel & X session running with acceleration on
my Thinkpad T420s. Occasional small visual artifacts on firefox
windows, but all seems stable.

my bogus benchmark of 'time cat /usr/share/dict/words' in a 80x24
xterm now takes 28 seconds, but I've now switched to netbsd-7 for
day-to-day use on my laptop :)

Many thanks to all involved in getting this far!

David