Ext2 as a root filesystem: any contraindication?

Hello,

I am going to move my 6.1.2 amd64 installation from a USB drive to a
partition in my hard drive. What if I use ext2 as a root filesystem?

Any contraindications? I know already I'm not going to have
journalling, but I can live with it.

The only reason would be that it would make it easier for me to resize
the partition (as in MBR partition, not slice) later on with Gparted.

Unless somebody can suggest a realtively way to resize a ffs/ffs2 partition.

Thanks

--
Ottavio