Re: BETA6.0 - AMD Opetron 6272 (16 core) multiprocessor config crashes

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%Hamartun.Priv.NO@localhost> writes:

> One of the things it does is be an NFS server for a couple other
> systems.  Lately, using a -current from April 10th, it's been hanging
> itself up from time to time, during heavy disk access from clients.
> Everything else still works, but anything that tries to access disk
> locks.  No error messages on the console or in the logs.

It happened again after updating to -current as of May 1st.  I've now
booted it with SMP disabled.  If it stays up for a few days running on
one CPU, that should be a reasonably good indication that the problem is
SMP related.

> I can't break into the debugger on this box, so it's hard to debug
> further.  I've tried setting hw.cnmagic to something simple, even just
> a single character, but it doesn't do anything...

I'd still like to get this to work with a serial console.  Any hints?

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman