Re: HP BL465c G7 (2x Opteron 6172) doesn't boot install CD

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:13:56 +0100, Torsten Harenberg wrote:

> Same output: I attached a (virtual) serial console to it and was able to run
> it with a debugger attached, but either the system is really frozen or I
> wasn't able to successfully sent a break through this emulation (it's not
> really documented how to do it), however, it worked later, so I assume the
> machine is really frozen. See:
>
> Attempting Boot From CD-ROM
>
> NetBSD/x86 cd9660 Primary Bootstrap
>
> Test if A20 is already enabled
> testa20: failed
> A20 is not already enabled
> Try biosA20
> biosA20 fail
> testa20: failed
> A20 kbd nok
> testa20: 0 iter
> A20 92 ok

So it uses port 92 to switch A20. NetBSD only tries that on PS/2 machines
or if the keyboard controller responds in a certain way (which this machine
obviously does not).

> pckbport_cmd: send error
> pckbd_enable: command error
It probably does not have a real keyboard controller, but some kind
of emulation, which get switched off when the ohci driver takes over.

Regarding the other problems, I saw similar symptoms, hang after ehci,
ciss problems etc but unfortunately I have not had the time to find
out what the problems are.
I suspect some kind of interrupt problems, but I am not sure.

I hope someone has some ideas about debugging it.

Anders