Re: Apple USB Ethernet A1277

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 07:20:30AM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:

> On 18 Jul 2011, at 00:33, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > It may be that you just need to add the vendor and product id in the driver
> > and compile a new kernel but without knowing the numbers it is hard to tell
> > if that would work.
>
> ugen0 at uhub4 port 1
> ugen0: vendor 0x05ac product 0x1402, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 3
>
> That's what I get from dmesg. Is that any help?

Yes. I can send you a patch if I get the time later this week.
It is just a matter of adding these numbers (actually the values from usbdevs.h,
USB_PRODUCT_APPLE_ETHERNET and USB_VENDOR_APPLE) into the driver source.
I need to check the status of the support for axe on the netbsd-5 branch because
I do not know if everything is on that branch.

Bernd