Re: PAT support

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:28:26AM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:

> Attached patch adds PAT support to x86.
> I implement BUS_SPACE_MAP_PREFETCHABLE with it.
>
> Note, this patch adds MI pmap flags to uvm_pmap.h.
> Please review if they fit to the other ports than x86, too.
>
> PMAP_NOCACHE turned into an MI flag, so the following
> ports need an update:
>
> hp700, hppa and sgimips.
>
> Please send me the update-patches. I will accumulate
> them so all will go into the tree in one go.
>
> When you boot with -x you should see something like this:
>
> $ dmesg | grep PAT
> cpu0: PAT enabled
> cpu1: PAT enabled
> $
>
> Any comments?

pat.h - cpuvar.h is better for small stuff
pat.c - why not in pmap.c?
pte.h - this needs a copyright
specialreg.h - <TAB> after #define
bus_space.c - u_int pmapflags = PMAP_NOCACHE - don't init. at site of defn.
bus_spcae.c - if (flags & BUS_SPACE_MAP_CACHEABLE) - want ((f & FL) != 0)
cpu.c - cpu_attach - this needs to be in cpu_hatch() so executes on BPs
pat.c - pat_init - prefer macros at top of file

Thanks for working on this!