Re: amd64-current and grub?

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 03:25:28PM +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to set up a xen 3 HVM server with 6GB of RAM, and to do this need either i386-current or amd64-current, so I figured I'd try amd64.

So far I'm stuck on getting the box to boot with grub.  Here's what I did :

Grabbed an iso of amd64 from HEAD (20080304 from memory), installed it on an Intel Core2Duo 8200 cpu machine. Set up the partitions with / as 400mb (smaller than 512mb as recommended in the xen howto)

Installed emulators/netbsd32_compat40
Installed sysutils/grub from a package pulled from ftp.netbsd.org (grub-0.97nb8.tgz) using pkg_add -f <>
Ran grub-install, it seemed happy.

Then the machine rebooted (power outage ... and the test box is not on the UPS!). It started up grub 1.5, but each time I try and tell it where the kernel is it gives me an
error 13: invalid or unsupported executable format

Did you make sure that, in addidtion to / being less than 512MB, it's
FFSv1 with 8k blocks/1k fragents ?

It's FFSv1, not sure about the blocks/frags, I took the installer defaults at the time.