Subject: Re: install to lfs
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/22/2007 00:30:10
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 01:55:15PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:

> And thanks for the explanation of the heap space issue; I was
> wondering why I couldn't boot a partition with a 64k block size.

I've always had a plan to write out the ffs disk layout for various
block/frag sizes and work out how to read the inode list and block
allocation info using single sector reads.
I suspect the code would come out smaller that the current version,
and wouldn't care about large block sizes.

> Also, it might be a good idea to have LFS in sysinst default to using
> the newfs_lfs -A option.

Dunno, never used lfs !

	David

--